OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it be long now. Found the cbb face down behind a rock this morning. Moved it and it went crazy slamming into rocks again. Moving it again will do nothing but stress it even more, so I figure by today it'll be gone.

I'm done with these fish at this point now unfortunately.

So, now to decide on if we should try for a Kleini OR threadfin for aiptasia control? I know they have the chance of going after coral, but which is better of the 2?

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this is the 2nd time now I've found the copperband wedged into a rock not moving. I moved it to our 20g reef where it'll hopefully recover or go without being harassed to death.

Frustrated over these fish, but I knew this was likely going in.

Kleini or threadfin for us next. Luckily our yellow longnise is doing excellent. Thanks everyone for your contribution and advice on this journey!

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess the one little run in this copperband had with the orange shoulder tang was enough to completely mess it up. It's swimming just fine in our 20g reef.

I'm gonna try to keep it alive and get it back to eating and maybe reintroduce it later to the 125 again should it not die after all.

These fish are a roller coaster for sure

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is it now, notice the torn fins some :(

20230301_200112.jpg

melhe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
CBB is definitely beautiful advanced reef safe fish . I have read somewhere 90% of them dies within 6 months in aquarium. I haven’t tried it yet . It’s on my wish list maybe once people figure out why it’s so difficult to keep

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CBB is definitely beautiful advanced reef safe fish . I have read somewhere 90% of them dies within 6 months in aquarium. I haven’t tried it yet . It’s on my wish list maybe once people figure out why it’s so difficult to keep
This one was completely fine until a VERY small act of aggression from our orange shoulder. It was even taking food away from it at one point. Now, what happened the last 2 days :(

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the top fin torn?

Treat it for flukes imo.. spazzing can be flukes as well as ripped fins.

As far as copperbands and mixing with tangs/angels. It is far easier to add a copperband first and let it get fat fat fat super fat and established before the other fish go in.

My copperband will chase my tang away and try and poke it sometimes

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the top fin torn?

Treat it for flukes imo.. spazzing can be flukes as well as ripped fins.

As far as copperbands and mixing with tangs/angels. It is far easier to add a copperband first and let it get fat fat fat super fat and established before the other fish go in.
Yeah, but I'm thinking it's because it's stuffed itself in rocks, crashing into them, and then the tang attacking it while it was spazzing out.

I'll try and treat for flukes. I've only got one or 2 meds on hand, I'll check and see

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, but I'm thinking it's because it's stuffed itself in rocks, crashing into them, and then the tang attacking it while it was spazzing out.

I'll try and treat for flukes. I've only got one or 2 meds on hand, I'll check and see

prazipro is what you are looking for

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thing is gonna end up killing itself just randomly having a spasm running into rocks in the 20g. Nothing is even touching it and it will just lose it. Gotta be something wrong with it after all.

I dosed some prazi last night

melhe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
So sorry to hear . My tank maintenance guy said he sees his customers cbb dies over and over . Sometimes just no reason . Died overnight . He said Australia ones live longer in general .
My tank is less than a year old . I might try too after tank mature enough

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry to hear . My tank maintenance guy said he sees his customers cbb dies over and over . Sometimes just no reason . Died overnight . He said Australia ones live longer in general .
My tank is less than a year old . I might try too after tank mature enough
Good luck! Wife and I aren't gonna attempt them anymore, just too sad to watch them die like this if it's not just overnight.

Ordering a Kleini this weekend for aiptasia. We'll see how it goes with corals

melhe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
My tank have been through velvet disease wiped out bunch of fish in short period of time . It was heart broken . Maybe someday in the future . U will try again . Take care

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Good luck! Wife and I aren't gonna attempt them anymore, just too sad to watch them die like this if it's not just overnight.

Ordering a Kleini this weekend for aiptasia. We'll see how it goes with corals
I somehow missed the events. Well, this isnt good. I believe from damage seen, a lot has to do with aggression from the tang.
Was it eating prior to all this happening?

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I somehow missed the events. Well, this isnt good. I believe from damage seen, a lot has to do with aggression from the tang.
Was it eating prior to all this happening?
Yep. Even taking food from the tang. The best, easily, of the 4 we had. The tang only showed aggression when the copperband started the erratic swimming. Maybe the tang suddenly did something to it freaking it out and it wasn't the same after.

Our yellow longnose is doing absolutely fine thankfully.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 30 39.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 32 42.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back