Our new Copperband

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this little guy in and so excited! This is easily my newest favorite fish behind our clowns. It seems extremely healthy.

It has not stopped picking at rocks and eating.... Stuff from them since I put it in the tank. I've not seen it try any frozen or anything yet. It picked up a small bristleworm in a rock and ate it ferociously.

I'm hoping it eats aiptasia as that's partly why I got it. We've had an outbreak and peppermint shrimp didn't touch it.

Hopefully it starts eating frozen food I've got.

Our PBT did NOT take kindly to the little guy and unfortunately we've had to rehome the tang. It was such a beautiful fish, but caused more issues in our tank than it was worth.

20220720_200441.jpg
20220720_200615.jpg

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this little guy in and so excited! This is easily my newest favorite fish behind our clowns. It seems extremely healthy.

It has not stopped picking at rocks and eating.... Stuff from them since I put it in the tank. I've not seen it try any frozen or anything yet. It picked up a small bristleworm in a rock and ate it ferociously.

I'm hoping it eats aiptasia as that's partly why I got it. We've had an outbreak and peppermint shrimp didn't touch it.

Hopefully it starts eating frozen food I've got.

Our PBT did NOT take kindly to the little guy and unfortunately we've had to rehome the tang. It was such a beautiful fish, but caused more issues in our tank than it was worth.

20220720_200441.jpg
20220720_200615.jpg
Butterflies love white worms. :)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once he starts to eat prepared food. You'll go nuts being able to hand feed them!
They really go crazy around food. Mine will head-but the pot I use for feeding the fish and the CBB is the first one in the corner to feed. The only butterfly that could ever beat a CBB in my opinion is a true Forcipiger longirostris (My dream butterfly to own now I have a CBB). This is purely because of the long nose and just seeing it on a fully grown specimen would be stunning.
Here’s my 2 year old Chelmon rostratum. Hell eat anything and everything (Even thinks my hand is food… along with the clown).
9BDD1930-08F7-4B2D-A072-0CDDCC09B80E.jpeg

Hal3134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CBB's love worms and clams. I feed frozen blackworms to mine since white worms are not readily available. I also buy small live clams, split them open, and drop them in the tank, which it attacks. You can freeze the clams first if you prefer.

My CBB took several months before I noticed it going after my aiptasia. Be patient.

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Success with frozen bloodworms. I know this probably isn't the best thing to feed this little guy but he's absolutely destroying them. First thing I've seen him go after with a purpose other than his constant rock picking. Fingers crossed this leads to more success!

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meet “Bah” have had him for going on three years now. Happens to like Enriched Brine, Mysis and larger PE Mysis. If it has the shape of a crustacean, he’s on it. Of course like yours picking on rocks. “Pods”!!! Thankfully a taste for Aptasias as well. If I remember it took a few months at the beginning. Definitely a beautiful fish. Congrats on yours.
B6AEEB8D-33E2-44FE-ACF8-8CBB4F7CD830.jpeg

Lutzerman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you get desperate, grab a two little fishies pouch feeder and put some frozen or mastik in there. They are beautiful and great for pest control but they run out of food fast and mine never ate from the water column. Especially if there are a lot of other aggressive eaters in there. I'm going on 3 years with my guy. I feed the tank with the pouch feeder every other day or so.

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still eating bloodworms and maybe some brine and chopped scallops. Not interested in mysis, oysters or clams yet.

Would. Freeze dried black worms like people use for discus work? I had them when I had discus and they went nuts for them. I can't get live worms and don't have the extra time to keep them alive I don't think.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Still eating bloodworms and maybe some brine and chopped scallops. Not interested in mysis, oysters or clams yet.

Would. Freeze dried black worms like people use for discus work? I had them when I had discus and they went nuts for them. I can't get live worms and don't have the extra time to keep them alive I don't think.
Never did freeze dried for my cbb. I think it can cause bloat for sw fish. May want to ask @Jay Hemdal .

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never did freeze dried for my cbb. I think it can cause bloat for sw fish. May want to ask @Jay Hemdal .

If you rehydrate the freeze dried foods, they are safe to feed to marine fish. I once fed freeze dried tubifex worms to a tank of 100 tiger barbs. I over fed them. You should have seen them bob around the tank, they were like little corks! They were all o.k. the next day.

Did you know that a LOT of people develop allergies to bloodworms? You need to be careful.

Jay

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you rehydrate the freeze dried foods, they are safe to feed to marine fish. I once fed freeze dried tubifex worms to a tank of 100 tiger barbs. I over fed them. You should have seen them bob around the tank, they were like little corks! They were all o.k. the next day.

Did you know that a LOT of people develop allergies to bloodworms? You need to be careful.

Jay
Thanks for all the info!

I guess those fw fish can get bloated with freeze dried too :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

I didn't know we could get allergies from those worms. Yikes :(

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back