OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 2 with the new one and it is very much inspecting the rocks now and starting to pick. The 3rd one we had never came out of the corner and never looked at the rocks, so this is progress!

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure we have an aiptasia destroyer. It's going up to every one and will pick then comes off chewing. As far as I can tell without being right up at the tank yet.

I do have masstick. Will try some today

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not eating frozen yet, but I'm fairly sure it's ate some aips today. It's also picking stuff out of the sand, and constantly looking and pecking in the rocks. Very happy so far! @NYAquatic did well for sure!

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good shot of the new 4th one tonight! Still busy picking and eating...... Something lol

20230208_194616.jpg

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 3, not seeing it first hand eat any frozen yet. However, I've noticed it's picking a lot at the sand which none of the others have done. I just watched it lock on to an aiptasia in the sand, ripped it out, and devoured it. YES!!

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still not eating frozen yet that I can tell, but by far the healthiest of the cbb we've had. Aiptasias are slowly being eliminated. It seems to pick at the rocks and eat stuff all day from them, and going crazy pulling aips from the sand and eating them. It is afraid of nothing in our tank and has had zero aggression thrown at it. Very happy so far!

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your fish looks healthy, it's amazing how excited we can be when our new fish starts eating 'something', man we know that feeling, good luck and I'm glad your fish started on frozen food.

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your fish looks healthy, it's amazing how excited we can be when our new fish starts eating 'something', man we know that feeling, good luck and I'm glad your fish started on frozen food.
I won't get too ahead of myself with CBB being notorious for dying out of nowhere, but this one is definitely the best of the 4. Great recommendations from everyone who said go with a different supplier. It helped to be able to see this one actually eat frozen before we bought it.

It's been a good day. Our splendid leopard wrasse finally came out and ate as well!

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering, do aiptasia provide any nutritional value to copperbands? I've searched and can't find anything. Either way it's mowing through the small and medium ones, but there's a ton of them now. Some really big ones also.

Very happy it's eating frozen also though. Very glad I listened to you guys!

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering, do aiptasia provide any nutritional value to copperbands? I've searched and can't find anything. Either way it's mowing through the small and medium ones, but there's a ton of them now. Some really big ones also.

Very happy it's eating frozen also though. Very glad I listened to you guys!
No idea on nutrition, but mine loves them, and I keep some in a refuge just to give him some variety. Love watching him tear into even the largest ones.

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys I think I have to recommend @NYAquatic if you want a copperband. Ours is eating frozen like crazy, and taking it away from our orange shoulder tang. It occasionally chases the yellow longnose off. Still have a ton of aiptasia, but it is eating them as well. Never had any of the previous ones eat this aggressively. Extremely happy with this fish shop!
20230216_214221.jpg

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys I think I have to recommend @NYAquatic if you want a copperband. Ours is eating frozen like crazy, and taking it away from our orange shoulder tang. It occasionally chases the yellow longnose off. Still have a ton of aiptasia, but it is eating them as well. Never had any of the previous ones eat this aggressively. Extremely happy with this fish shop!
20230216_214221.jpg
That's a beautiful fish, congratulations, I'll try to find some information on aiptasia nutrition on CBB.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back