OUTGREW MY TANK ALREADY HELP

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I need some help or advice on how to go about moving all my corals into a bigger tank. I started this hobby about 6months ago with a 20g long and it's already packed to the gills with corals.. I'm thinking of getting a 70g drop off tank and I don't know what I need to do, or when to move my corals. Any advice or tips are greatly appreciated. I believe I've only had success because of the help from you guys on R2R and I can't say how much I appreciate it.

My tank as of now.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude just go as big as you can now. I have upgraded 3 times in as many years. It's TRUE go big or go home.

OP
OP
PeterB113

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude just go as big as you can now. I have upgraded 3 times in as many years. It's TRUE go big or go home.
I don't know of any larger drop off tanks do you know any ? And I think I'm going to use my 20g tank as a frag tank. I don't really want to go over 100g

OP
OP
PeterB113

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A
I'm also VERY hesitant on dosing idk why, I've been doing water changes and everything's looking great also don't want a sump or refugium just a simple tank if that makes sense

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A

I'm also VERY hesitant on dosing idk why, I've been doing water changes and everything's looking great also don't want a sump or refugium just a simple tank if that makes sense
You don't have to have a sump on any size of tank. I currently have a 125 with no sump, and I have plans to add a 200+ gallon which is not going to have a sump either.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easy transfer here

simply move it all over to any new tank all at once it will skip cycle if the sand in that tank is 1000% pre rinsed to total clarity, no cloud.

do not transfer over, nor install on top of, any unrinsed sand. Simple as that

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read this whole thread and you’ll have a tank transfer roadmap.

ClownSchool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't have to have a sump on any size of tank. I currently have a 125 with no sump, and I have plans to add a 200+ gallon which is not going to have a sump either.
Yup. My first tank was a BioCube 16, so when I started reading about sumps, the number of flooding stories made me very hesitant. So, after I found a 55 gallon tank and stand, with sump, for $100, I decided to leave off the sump, use a 2X sized canister filter, 2X sized HOB protein skimmer, and HOB refugium. With a couple power heads for circulation, it’s still early in its cycling, but seems to be working really well so far....but, I don’t really plan on introducing SPS into it, either, so...,

OP
OP
PeterB113

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easy transfer here

simply move it all over to any new tank all at once it will skip cycle if the sand in that tank is 1000% pre rinsed to total clarity, no cloud.

do not transfer over, nor install on top of, any unrinsed sand. Simple as that
Transfer everything all at once without cycling new water??

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 60 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 44 21.4%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 23 11.2%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 72 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back