Outside Air for Skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter adhd_nerd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
This was a good picture i found on google and it sparked a few ideas for me this is a very old thread most of the viewers haven't been seen in years. Does anyone else have any pictures and inspirationals they would like to share involving piping outside air to your skimmer and the precautions you took or the methods used. Thanks

I used a large air stone mounted under my deck for the intake.
 
Have you seen good results doing this? I’ve read and heard mixed reviews on doing this.
 
I could see flow being restricted without maintenance as the air stone becomes clogged with particles, but im sure placement could make a large difference, its a good idea in the right application.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new