Over draw power

trickyrich

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 17, 2015
Messages
238
Reaction score
102
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure lots of us including me have a rats nest of crazy unorganized power cords anyone ever have a problem arise from this
 
I bought a four foot long metal surge protected bus and mounted it on the wall at the hight of the tanks top. My timer which does not have surge protection goes to the long bus. I Mostly did this to clear up the rats nest of wires. It also helps when needing to unplug something fast. I plan to do the same for my wife's tank as she has a few small busses under her tank that make me nervous. If you fall victim to a power surge or electrical shorting you will be glad you had a protected electrical setup. Sorry to hear about you misfortune !!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new