Over the rim return options

  • Thread starter Thread starter CopperFish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CopperFish

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2022
Messages
10
Reaction score
26
Location
Reno
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m getting ready to add a Pentair UV to my system and want to have it return directly into the tank via an over the rim type return. I’m wondering if there are any more substantial options out there that clamp onto the rim and have a larger than 3/4” barb? I can only find the kind that just hang on the edge loosely.
 
I’m getting ready to add a Pentair UV to my system and want to have it return directly into the tank via an over the rim type return. I’m wondering if there are any more substantial options out there that clamp onto the rim and have a larger than 3/4” barb? I can only find the kind that just hang on the edge loosely.
Yes, make your own with PVC
 
I just made my own with pvc. you can make it hang as tight as youd like pretty easy
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new