Overdosed Bacteria

blkhawk10

Big U G baby!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So looks like I made a mistake...It seems I overdosed bacteria and now i have a permanent bloom. A couple months back I dosed live rock enhance and the next day I had a bloom with the cloudy water which was weird cause I've dosed it multiple times before with no issues. Fast forward a couple weeks and I still had the bloom, no cloudy water but had the clear slime that clogs your filter socks within a couple hours depending on how bad it is. I read a couple threads on this and decided to dose macrobacter clean at full strength, this seemed to help for a couple days but the bloom came back. I still have the bloom going on in my tank and I don't know what to do. I had a UV running which didn't help and I don't dose anything anymore all I do is feed the fish. I tried to stop feeding as much and did a blackout neither of those helped. Can anyone give any advice on this?

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you dose microbacter7 once or continually? You need to establish a competing bacteria

OP
OP
blkhawk10

blkhawk10

Big U G baby!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No water changes yet cause I read they may boost the bloom and I dosed macrobacter clean not 7, but I did it for 2 days and stopped. My tank has been running for over a year so its not a new tank at all.

BanZI29

Still just a reefer noob!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how big is the UV that you used and for how long. When i had a bloom, I had to run it about a week to get the bloom out.

OP
OP
blkhawk10

blkhawk10

Big U G baby!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's an 18 watt and it was running before the bloom even started. Doing one today so we'll see if it is that simple.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back