Overdosed my perc clown on copper today :(

vessxpress1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2020
Messages
246
Reaction score
200
Location
NW IL
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. One of my clowns kept getting ich and I was suspicious that it had internal parasites possibly as well. So I decided to give it another freshwater bath. It has had several over time. I put one drop of cupramine in. It never likes it so I figured it just had to take its medicine. I left it in the bath for a few minutes then put it in a glass of tank water to rinse off then put it back in the tank. It was stressed but swam around. Then it went downhill and I pretty much watched it die an hour later. I feel pretty bad about it. I was trying to help it but it must have gotten over dosed. I left it in too long. The other clown never had a speck on it and neither does my six line. So not sure what’s going on. I know how ich works. I know I’ve got to remove all fish and let the tank sit fishless for a month or two. I just haven’t found the ambition to do so since the other two seem extremely healthy. My whole goal setting up this tank was to use the QT so this tank didn’t get ich and that’s out the window now.

Should I get another clown to pair up the one I’ve got or let it stay solo? If something happens to these two I’d go fish less for a few months. I thought about adding a mocha clown at some point. I have a qt tank but I’m nervous about using the meds. I haven’t had good luck with it. I don’t even think the six line should be in it and I hate putting clownfish through it.
 
Thanks. I’m not somebody that wants to add new fish every month. I just want to get to a point where I’m not adding anything new to the tank and fish are healthy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new