Overflow Assembly - WeldOn Cement Type

Skep18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know in a previous thread (quoted below) you guys recommend the Oatey brand PVC cement to assemble the drain pipes. However (just to be sure and so I've heard it from you guys) can you advise as to the equivalent WeldOn brand cement to use on your line?

No. That's grey colored for electric conduit.
Use this one https://www.oatey.com/2374310/Product/Oatey-Medium-Clear-PVC-Cement

31019b_91332M_16oz-1.jpg

mixer911

Make them green with envy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know in a previous thread (quoted below) you guys recommend the Oatey brand PVC cement to assemble the drain pipes. However (just to be sure and so I've heard it from you guys) can you advise as to the equivalent WeldOn brand cement to use on your line?

I haven't tested any of the weldon pvc glues, but did look at what they offered. I would recommend the Weldon 700. It's within spec.

OP
OP
Skep18

Skep18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks!

Any reason for concern of having the issues that were described about the original recommended oatey product

Honest, I'll probably just stick with the oatey product you guys are used to but I'm just curious I guess.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back