Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi everyone
i just put a glass order in for a new DIY 24" X 24" X 16" rimless tank build
while im waiting for the glass to arrive im going to work on planning the rest

im going with a diy external overflow box and i want to get the water level as high as i can (without spills of course)
i want to go with a teethless box and cut 2 slits instead. i think it has a much nicer and cleaner look
i was thinking of going with a 6" X 4" X 1" for the internal box and 6" X 6" X 2" for the external box
my question is, is there correlation between the surface area of the slits and the hole i cut in the glass for the overflow box? (im going with 3/4")
am i going to be able to fully control the water level level only with fine tuning the valves?
the tank is 40 gal and and im aiming for a 350-400 gph return pump after calculating head pressure

thanks!

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi everyone
i just put a glass order in for a new DIY 24" X 24" X 16" rimless tank build
while im waiting for the glass to arrive im going to work on planning the rest

im going with a diy external overflow box and i want to get the water level as high as i can (without spills of course)
i want to go with a teethless box and cut 2 slits instead. i think it has a much nicer and cleaner look
i was thinking of going with a 6" X 4" X 1" for the internal box and 6" X 6" X 2" for the external box
my question is, is there correlation between the surface area of the slits and the hole i cut in the glass for the overflow box? (im going with 3/4")
am i going to be able to fully control the water level level only with fine tuning the valves?
the tank is 40 gal and and im aiming for a 350-400 gph return pump after calculating head pressure

thanks!

@Retro Reefer any input?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back