Overflow in Wedge pipe

xslimzx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi, I have a question regarding a HOB skimmer I own.

It’s the bubble magus E3 HOB, I finally got it tuned recently but when my gf fed the fish one morning it went crazy out of no where and overflowed out the collection cup after I fed many times and it was not overflowing. Tried to re-tune it but had issues where water was overflowing out the wedge pipe and this was with the blue dots lined up.

Tried looking online everywhere to understand how a wedge pipe could over fill when it wasn’t happening before but no luck. Can I please get some help on how a wedge pipe can over flow.

Skimmer is still very new, got the skimmer beginning of December 2023 and I had been running it for about 2 weeks. Finally got it to settle and was actually making some dry skim for about 2 days and then the incident happened.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Non-specifically, I would clean it to see if there was something blocking flow to change the operating status.

Skimmers in general are prone to random changes in performance and overflow protection precautions are advised.

OP
OP
X

xslimzx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Non-specifically, I would clean it to see if there was something blocking flow to change the operating status.

Skimmers in general are prone to random changes in performance and overflow protection precautions are advised.
Checked it and nothing there but thx though

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back