Overflow placement - 200 gallon tank

Crist_Acosta

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2023
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Costa Rica
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all,

I am moving from a 140 gal to a 210 gal (7x2x2) tank. I just bought a modular marine overflow (1800 gph). My initial thought is to place it on the back of the tank in the middle. This I would believe would be the best in term of the overall flow in the tank.

However, my concern is maintenance, as the box and the pipes will be very hard to reach. Should I be concerned about that? If so, what do you suggest?

As a side note, using gyres for water movement.

Would appreciate your advice.

Greetings from Costa Rica,

Cristian
 
Hello to all,

I am moving from a 140 gal to a 210 gal (7x2x2) tank. I just bought a modular marine overflow (1800 gph). My initial thought is to place it on the back of the tank in the middle. This I would believe would be the best in term of the overall flow in the tank.

However, my concern is maintenance, as the box and the pipes will be very hard to reach. Should I be concerned about that? If so, what do you suggest?

As a side note, using gyres for water movement.

Would appreciate your advice.

Greetings from Costa Rica,

Cristian
As long as you have sufficient water movement within the tank, I'd think you'd be fine no matter where you place the overflow. You could even plumb the return into the tank at the farthest point enabling a side placement to have the max mixing of return water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new