Overflow question

WvAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm about to order my overflow box for my 120g. I am torn between the eshopps prodigy Slimline or a stealthbox.

The eshopps I can setup a bean animal and be done. Adjustable water level ability compared to the eclipse style.

The stealthbox is nice one hole minimum tank veiw of the overflow. My issue is that you cannot plumb the bean animal. So my question is can the emergency drain be smaller that the two main drains? If so you can plumb the bean animal with a smaller drain. Or do I just get 4 holes drilled?

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your emergency drain doesn't have to be as big as the other drains, but it's better if it is. Lot's of times the things that block the drain, like a dead fish, or a rambunctious snail or some macro algae. But many times these don't completely block the drain. In such a case, your smaller emergency drain should do the job.

But if you want real security, you need it to be as big as the drain.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
config #2

OP
OP
WvAquatics

WvAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your emergency drain doesn't have to be as big as the other drains, but it's better if it is. Lot's of times the things that block the drain, like a dead fish, or a rambunctious snail or some macro algae. But many times these don't completely block the drain. In such a case, your smaller emergency drain should do the job.

But if you want real security, you need it to be as big as the drain.
That was my thoughts about the size of the emergency drain. And want it to be setup right

config #2
Will this make overflow quiet? I was afraid the drains not curved would gurgle more. If not you could just run three straight drains right?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back