Oversized light

Nightfyre

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was recently given a 60"ATI Sunpower 8 bulb T5 light for free. However, my tank is only a 48" 90 gallon, plan is reef with LPS and Softies eventually. Other than wasted light should I be worried about anything? Plus side, if I decide to upgrade to a bigger tank already have lights! Lol. Thanks!

homegrowncichlid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heh, that fixture is too long for the tank, the extra bulb replacement costs are going to add up, better to sell it and get the right length. Plus the over flow of light pollution into your room is going to be a massive eye sore, if you watch TV.

jhuntstl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could maybe black out 6"+ on each side with something that can handle the heat. I agree the light spill would probably be obnoxious. But I also like the plant idea.

jdpiii3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was recently given a 60"ATI Sunpower 8 bulb T5 light for free. However, my tank is only a 48" 90 gallon, plan is reef with LPS and Softies eventually. Other than wasted light should I be worried about anything? Plus side, if I decide to upgrade to a bigger tank already have lights! Lol. Thanks!
could you make an angled light reflector to maybe cut the footprint of the light down?

curtdog6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say go for it! (Says the guy who might have a radion xr30 on his 13.5 gallon) lol

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 53 29.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 64 36.0%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 31 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 52 29.2%
Back