Overstocked?

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I have a 36x18x16 aquarium could this stocking work? I’d have lots of coral and macro algae to soak up nutrient. 1 yellow tang ocellaris a trio of anthias a lawnmower blenny and 3 blue green reef chromis And/or a six stripe wrasse I was looking at BRS top fish for every tank And i would be having 4/5 of the fishes on the list

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a 40 breeder.

Most of those species can work.
A yellow tang could be quarantined in a 40 breeder, but it isn't a permanent home for one. Somewhere in the standard 75 - standard 125 range is recommended.
What anthias are you thinking? I'm not sure if there are some smaller species that might work. Many of the commonly kept anthias get pretty big and active for a 3' tank.

Clowns, blenny, chromis, wrasse would all be fine in a 40 breeder.
A couple warnings: Many people have been disappointed by chromis, as they tend to pick each other off and whittle themselves down to one. Six line wrasse is fine with the others you selected, but won't allow any other wrasse.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Others to look into:
Firefish
Gobies
Other blennies, including Meiacanthus spp and Escenius spp.
Cardinals
Chrysiptera genus damsels

Those won't all necessarily work with what you chose.

Personally, the clown pair, blenny, 6 line, a damsel or two (either Chromis or Chrysiptera) would be a good list.

Lovefish77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think any stocking can work depending on what corals you plan to have in that tank. If you are keeping lps and softies a little overload is good for corals. All depends on what you have.

ASIN28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I have a 36x18x16 aquarium could this stocking work? I’d have lots of coral and macro algae to soak up nutrient. 1 yellow tang ocellaris a trio of anthias a lawnmower blenny and 3 blue green reef chromis And/or a six stripe wrasse I was looking at BRS top fish for every tank And i would be having 4/5 of the fishes on the list
Everything you mentioned would work great except the yellow tang. As stated in an above comment, a 40 Breeder is a little too small to home a yellow tang or any tang really unless it’s being QT.
I have a 120G and I think my blue green chromis are awesome. They school together around my whole tank. I have a bonded pair of occellaris clowns too. The lawnmower blenny is a beast algae eater too!

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could I add a dwarf angel for a splash of color, I’m just worried I’d miss out on a nice yellow fish because of the reds of the clowns and the gray of goby and blues of chromis and pinks of anthias And the wrasse color

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could I add a dwarf angel for a splash of color, I’m just worried I’d miss out on a nice yellow fish because of the reds of the clowns and the gray of goby and blues of chromis and pinks of anthias And the wrasse color
yellow fish:
canary blenny
yellow clown goby

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The larger ones, no. But the smallest pygmy angels like cherub or flame back, yes.

jt8791

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yellow watchman goby could be another option for yellow depending on what else you wanted

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back