Owners of the Helio PTC Smart Heaters

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Need like a $150 off if you buy a new 200 series IM tank special. Then we are buying 2 of your products! Also mine is 2 months late probably sitting at the port , lonely ..lol

Pudgeshambley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used this heater on a red sea AIO? Trying to figure out if the brackets will work in the rear sump

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used this heater on a red sea AIO? Trying to figure out if the brackets will work in the rear sump
What size space do you have? I will measure my IM HELIO heating elements to see if they fit.

Pudgeshambley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure it will fit. Just don't know if the bracket will work? Is it too thick for the magnets or will it be fine.
What size space do you have? I will measure my IM HELIO heating elements to see if they fit.
Thank you for offering to measure. It's about 20 inches deep so think I am fine on that aspect. Thanks again though

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using a double 100 w in the return of a Reefer170, not using the brackets.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posted wrong…in the back section of the sump, not the return.

Austinty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you mix different size elements on the same controller? Say a 200w and a 350w or a 350w and a 500W, on the same controller?

monicalooze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I have not been happy with mine at all. I get an "E2" error almost daily. This happens when the element "disconnects" from the heater controller... except it isn't disconnected. On several occasions, I've come home to a tank 8 degrees below what it's supposed to be. It has killed several corals.

I've also had errors happen due to lack of flow around the element (there is a ton of flow) or errors that indicate something is wrong with the temperature sensor.

I understand the purpose of this is to prevent cooking a tank, when the errors are actually malfuctions that turn off the heater....all day, it suddenly becomes a HUGE bug rather than a feature.

On top of that, the plastic holder that is supposed to hold the heating element broke. I didn't do anything to it except take it out of the tank to clean it.

Customer service has been no help. I won't purchase from innovative marine again.

#innovativemarine

csund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 40$ heater. I toss it annually. I would do the same with the Helios. Why would I spend 6x more?

3C0078B5-20BB-4F39-B824-0CD48FF76D2B.png

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not tossing the Helios, it’s keeping the temp very stable. One of the elements needed replaced, it was taken care of quickly by IM. They’re standing behind their product.

Bluedore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anyone experience heater not coming on according to set temp? I’ve had a few times temp keep dropping until I have to unplug multiple times before the heater start heating again? And there’s no error code showing.

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Did anyone experience heater not coming on according to set temp? I’ve had a few times temp keep dropping until I have to unplug multiple times before the heater start heating again? And there’s no error code showing.

I would contact IM customer support . they are awesome.

Does anyone know if we can mix the element wattage? like using a 100w and 200w element configuration

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they sent a new element. I had gone through the steps since I had two elements by switching them to opposite wires. Narrowed it down to the element.

Bluedore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they sent a new element. I had gone through the steps since I had two elements by switching them to opposite wires. Narrowed it down to the element.
Good to know! I have not seen it as often the couple of months, only unplugged 2 times. But I suspect it’s due to the weather getting hotter and the elements doesn’t need to work as hard to keep temp.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know! I have not seen it as often the couple of months, only unplugged 2 times. But I suspect it’s due to the weather getting hotter and the elements doesn’t need to work as hard to keep temp.
Mine happened during winter. I take the heater system out during warm months, no need for it to be in saltwater doing nothing. I run a fan during warmer months plus ac.

Bluedore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine happened during winter. I take the heater system out during warm months, no need for it to be in saltwater doing nothing. I run a fan during warmer months plus ac.
It must be really hot where you live day and night!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back