Owning a Reef Tank: A Trick or Treat?

Has owning a reef tank been a Trick or Treat for you, or somewhere in between?

• Trick

Votes: 29 9.0%
  • Treat

Votes: 147 45.7%
  • In Between

Votes: 145 45.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters

Richard Severns

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely been a trick lately, little over a month ago I had a light catch on fire while anyone was home, we're very fortunate that the house didn't burn, just a lot of smoke damage, then this Sunday came home to a flooded room, the sterilizer blew a cap off, Definitely seen better days!

Barb0713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to say it's been all sunshine and rainbows but I've had a few tricks so far. My first tank was a 14 gallon that had dinos, ich, and after I had those two things in line it decided to split a seam. Now I have what was gonna be a temp 40 gallon tank but due to outside forces is going to be my main tank until January at the earliest. It started getting dinos due to the sudden move of the coral and fish from the previous tank but it's way more controlled now and now I know more to keep it in check.

More of a treat now that the 40 has settled in and the corals are starting to grow. But that first year? Yikes!
I’m a newbie.lol my fish saltwater. With 3 month old mixed nano reef. Lol this is pretty interesting lol but I am having a blast through all the trama

Larry Stewart

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has always been a TREAT for me. I learn something new about this hobby and my system every single day. The stories are endless and the excitement is enough to last a lifetime. I love sharing my experiences with my wife but at this point....she's gotten fed up with the "oh sweetie....come see this".

I am 19 years into the hobby and it never gets old. I think it's time for me to invest in a camera with macro lens and a microscope. Those items will be part of my birthday list of gifts to myself.

Learning about the many species of coral options in this hobby has made my experience a absolute TREAT. .

HAPPY REEFING.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back