Oxydator cleared his cyno issue?

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy was having a problem with cyno in his tank. He tried various methods to rid it with limited success that is until he tried an Oxydator. I have never claimed an Ox6will cure cyno only that is an aid for its eradication. Anyway worth a look.
Worth a look to see what this guy believes. It claims it cured his cyno problem and I can well believe it.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe it. that's a nice tool to have in the battles against cyano, some strains are really really adapted and that's a valid tool to use. harmless to employ in any tank.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
another possibility that I know will be a reach but I would be 0% surprised if someone finds this to be the case:

running boosted o2 like this machine does may lower incidence of SOME fish diseases. Highly oxygenated water certainly isn't going to cause diseases in the least, at least. not as a direct preventative, but along the chain of preparing fish immune systems, consistent 02 cannot harm the process.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always been curious about these.
In my sealed tight fishroom system Co2 and PH has always been challenging. The more turnover, water movement and aeration I can pump through my system the better honestly.
Only thing that worries me about this is the "catalyst" being used and if its leaching or prone to leach any kind of contaminants over time.

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always been curious about these.
In my sealed tight fishroom system Co2 and PH has always been challenging. The more turnover, water movement and aeration I can pump through my system the better honestly.
Only thing that worries me about this is the "catalyst" being used and if its leaching or prone to leach any kind of contaminants over time.
I doubt very much the catalysts or the ceramic beaker would add anything of concern. After all they are specifically made for use in aquariums. I have been using Oxydators in various saltwater/reef aquariums for around 30 years and can't find any evidence of an Oxydator introducing anything we should be concerned about. Oxydators have been in use in Europe inc the UK longer than I and my friends have been using them. BTW the catalyst and I think the beaker contain a small amount of silver as well as thev "special" ceramic.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt very much the catalysts or the ceramic beaker would add anything of concern. After all they are specifically made for use in aquariums. I have been using Oxydators in various saltwater/reef aquariums for around 30 years and can't find any evidence of an Oxydator introducing anything we should be concerned about. Oxydators have been in use in Europe inc the UK longer than I and my friends have been using them. BTW the catalyst and I think the beaker contain a small amount of silver as well as thev "special" ceramic.
Interesting. Have you used this product and had icp done and if so any high levels of metals show up?
Also have you noticed any effect on PH?
I've been interested in this since I seen it tbh.

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. Have you used this product and had icp done and if so any high levels of metals show up?
Also have you noticed any effect on PH?
I've been interested in this since I seen it tbh.
I have had Triton tests done and no heavy metals shown
Oxydators do not effect CO2 and I have not noticed any real effect on PH. There could possibly be when first introduced as the peroxide breaks down organics am not sure.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the Power of Oxi
billy mayes GIF

Back