Ozone Generator from Amazon - Anyone Have Success With One?

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do to my sumpless setup, I don't have the option of running reactors for media and was considering running ozone into to skimmer periodically instead to clear the water. My Tunze skimmer says only run 6mg. The units I'm seeing run a minimum of 10mg up to 150mg. Aquatek recommends 30mg for a 60 gallon. Kinda confusing to figure out the correct dosage without an ORP meter, but anyway, back to my question: anyone have good luck with one of these things or similar? This one does 50mg.

https://www.amazon.com/One-Earth-He...0167VN7BY/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a hot tub ozonizer. I believe it was called del ozone. After only 3 months it stopped pumping. The intake was plugged with dust that barely any air could flow through. My next ozonizer will probably be ozotek. Exspensive but should last years. And you can replace parts. I couldnt with the del ozone for hot tubs. Let us know how long yours lasts.

OP
OP
Bouncingsoul39

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a hot tub ozonizer. I believe it was called del ozone. After only 3 months it stopped pumping. The intake was plugged with dust that barely any air could flow through. My next ozonizer will probably be ozotek. Exspensive but should last years. And you can replace parts. I couldnt with the del ozone for hot tubs. Let us know how long yours lasts.

Did you use an air dryer on the intake?

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you use an air dryer on the intake?
No i didn't because i was comfortable using only 50mg/h. Using an air drier might have increased the output. When it worked the water wasn't yellow like it normally was it was clear. I miss my ozonizer.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 40.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 95 51.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back