Ozone- Enaly-200 installed on WB 220.6

ReefKnight2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thrilled to share the recent upgrade to my WaterBox 220.6 reef tank, where I introduced an Enaly-200 ozone unit. This form aims to provide an overview of my experience with the ozone system and its impact on my aquarium.

Aquarium Details:

• Tank: WaterBox 220.6
  • Ozone Unit: Enaly-200
  • Skimmer: Nyos Quantum 160
  • ORP Monitoring: Internal ORP monitor on the Ozone unit
  • Target ORP: 350
  • Ozone Dose: 55mg/hr
  • Installation Duration: One week
Benefits and Clarity Improvement:

Since adding ozone to my reef tank, the water clarity has significantly improved. It's amazing how it makes the fish seem like they're floating in mid-air! The enhancement in water clarity is truly remarkable.

Monitoring Ozone Dosage and Off-Gas Filtration:

One important aspect of using ozone is keeping a close eye on the correct dosing and off-gas filtration. My target ORP is set at 350, and to achieve this, I maintain an ozone dose of 55mg/hr. Initially, when I applied a higher dose, I noticed a strong smell in the aquarium. To address this, I quickly reduced the dose by half and added a bag of carbon on top of the skimmer. These interventions effectively absorbed any off-gas that may have escaped, eliminating the smell and ensuring a more pleasant environment for my marine friends.

Complementary Devices:

In addition to the ozone unit, I also use a RedSea ReefMat and UV on my tank. These devices are excellent at maintaining water clarity. However, the ozone addition has taken it a step further, completely getting rid of any lingering yellowing tannins, leaving the water looking pristine.

Overall Experience:

The ozone addition to my WaterBox 220.6 reef tank has been a game-changer. The combination of the Enaly-200 ozone unit and Nyos Quantum 160 skimmer has significantly boosted water clarity and overall tank health. I'm extremely pleased with the results and highly recommend exploring the potential of ozone for fellow aquarium enthusiasts.

Important Considerations:

It's essential to carefully dose ozone and implement proper off-gas filtration to maintain a harmonious aquarium environment. Regular monitoring of the internal ORP level and staying alert to any potential odors will ensure a successful and enjoyable experience with ozone in the reef tank.

IMG_9585.jpeg

IMG_9586.jpeg

IMG_9594.jpeg

IMG_9574.jpg

OP
OP
ReefKnight2

ReefKnight2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Love those gorgonians! Are you using a desiccant to dry the ozone unit’s intake air?
Thank you for your response! Yes, the Enaly-200 is equipped with a desiccant that effectively removes moisture from the air before it enters the ozone unit. You can see the desiccant positioned on the right side of the unit in the pictures above. So far, I haven't noticed any significant changes or color shifts in the desiccant, suggesting it is still functioning optimally without any visible signs of depletion.

dbroncos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your response! Yes, the Enaly-200 is equipped with a desiccant that effectively removes moisture from the air before it enters the ozone unit. You can see the desiccant positioned on the right side of the unit in the pictures above. So far, I haven't noticed any significant changes or color shifts in the desiccant, suggesting it is still functioning optimally without any visible signs of depletion.
Is the unit loud? Read reviews and people complaining that it was loud.

niccumec

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you purchase? Seems like this unit is not readily available right now. In the market for either this Enaly 200 or the Poseidon 200.

Anyone used both and have a preference on Enaly 200 vs Poseidon 200? Looks like the Enaly is less expensive and comes with probe and desiccant air dryer. I have a P4 to control, but could have redundancy with the Enaly controller. Thoughts?

mchans

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thrilled to share the recent upgrade to my WaterBox 220.6 reef tank, where I introduced an Enaly-200 ozone unit. This form aims to provide an overview of my experience with the ozone system and its impact on my aquarium.

Aquarium Details:

• Tank: WaterBox 220.6
  • Ozone Unit: Enaly-200
  • Skimmer: Nyos Quantum 160
  • ORP Monitoring: Internal ORP monitor on the Ozone unit
  • Target ORP: 350
  • Ozone Dose: 55mg/hr
  • Installation Duration: One week
Benefits and Clarity Improvement:

Since adding ozone to my reef tank, the water clarity has significantly improved. It's amazing how it makes the fish seem like they're floating in mid-air! The enhancement in water clarity is truly remarkable.

Monitoring Ozone Dosage and Off-Gas Filtration:

One important aspect of using ozone is keeping a close eye on the correct dosing and off-gas filtration. My target ORP is set at 350, and to achieve this, I maintain an ozone dose of 55mg/hr. Initially, when I applied a higher dose, I noticed a strong smell in the aquarium. To address this, I quickly reduced the dose by half and added a bag of carbon on top of the skimmer. These interventions effectively absorbed any off-gas that may have escaped, eliminating the smell and ensuring a more pleasant environment for my marine friends.

Complementary Devices:

In addition to the ozone unit, I also use a RedSea ReefMat and UV on my tank. These devices are excellent at maintaining water clarity. However, the ozone addition has taken it a step further, completely getting rid of any lingering yellowing tannins, leaving the water looking pristine.

Overall Experience:

The ozone addition to my WaterBox 220.6 reef tank has been a game-changer. The combination of the Enaly-200 ozone unit and Nyos Quantum 160 skimmer has significantly boosted water clarity and overall tank health. I'm extremely pleased with the results and highly recommend exploring the potential of ozone for fellow aquarium enthusiasts.

Important Considerations:

It's essential to carefully dose ozone and implement proper off-gas filtration to maintain a harmonious aquarium environment. Regular monitoring of the internal ORP level and staying alert to any potential odors will ensure a successful and enjoyable experience with ozone in the reef tank.

IMG_9585.jpeg

IMG_9586.jpeg

IMG_9594.jpeg

IMG_9574.jpg
I have the same set up but for some reason I can’t get the skimmer to pull more ozone. Orp reads between 250-300. Any ideas on how to increase the airflow from the generator to the skimmer?

dschuffert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Asking the same question. Following along
I have the same unit. The unit makes no noise whatsoever. I suspect most people are talking about the air pump needed to push the air through the unit. That part is subjective; you must purchase an air pump with this unit. Any brand of air pump will do as long as it pushes enough air over the distance of your tubing. If you purchase a quiet one, then it is quiet. Piston-driven air pumps are quieter than diaphragm-driven air pumps.

nova918

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High guys i recently purchased and Enaly Plus 200…and a brs ORP probe … im so confused i have a 500 Galon tank When i first connected everything the orp showed like 218 i slowly turn it up like to 150mlg and hour i saw the ORP started to rise … got to like 340 and i went to bed … today saw it around 320 i saw that is not rising even on full strength… also the moment i turn it off leave it off for a whiele i see the ORP dropping quick is that normal? …. How does it work when you hit your desire level the Elany shuts off correct … but once its off is it suppose to drop so sudden or after hours it will decline …. now is at 277 no matter what i do it does not go any higher …. Im runing a line from my outside of the house getting pure oxygen in to the air dryer then to the elany generator then to my Octpus Protein Skimmer Regal 300….

Ben.QLD2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on the unit noise? I would like to implement one of these units in my system but I keep reading that the Enaly corona discharge element is particularly noisy (electrical crackles) compared to other units. Thanks.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 53 77.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.9%
Back