Ozone-Safe Protein Skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eldredge
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 2, 2010
Messages
1,731
Reaction score
664
Location
Eagle, Idaho
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I need a new protein skimmer for a 200 gallon total volume system. It's light to medium bio-load and I don't really want to overskim. I have a Poseiden 200 ozone generator that I want to plumb into the protein skimmer. It seems that a lot of the newer skimmers aren't ozone proof. I don't want to spend over $400, and under $300 would be even better. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good inexpensive ozone-safe protein skimmer? Thanks for any help.
 
I have an icecap k2-200 with a specific entry for ozone, but looks like they discontinued it and I am not sure if newer models support ozone. They are great skimmers for the price. maybe you can check with coralvue is newer models support ozone.
 
I have an icecap k2-200 with a specific entry for ozone, but looks like they discontinued it and I am not sure if newer models support ozone. They are great skimmers for the price. maybe you can check with coralvue is newer models support ozone.

Thanks! I'll check it out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new