P04,N04, Kh balance check

Afkomjorgen

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2020
Messages
294
Reaction score
178
Location
seattle wa
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
Ive just done some testing since coming back from vacation. The tank looks good, lots of growth, but we lost a large invert without specific cause and I wanted to see where things were.
We run a higher nitrate tank typically, fyi.
I’m aware that I need to add fresh h20 and add calcium.
As far as the balance between p04, nitrate and alk, where is it at before I start fiddling with things?

I would appreciate advice from @Katherine Corals as well if they have an opinion, as they have a similar tank.

Salinity 1.029
Nitrate 40ppm
P04 .25-.50
Kh 7
Ph 8
Calcium 370
Nitrite 0

tank is mature 3.5 years old,reef
thanks
 
Hello!
Ive just done some testing since coming back from vacation. The tank looks good, lots of growth, but we lost a large invert without specific cause and I wanted to see where things were.
We run a higher nitrate tank typically, fyi.
I’m aware that I need to add fresh h20 and add calcium.
As far as the balance between p04, nitrate and alk, where is it at before I start fiddling with things?

I would appreciate advice from @Katherine Corals as well if they have an opinion, as they have a similar tank.

Salinity 1.029
Nitrate 40ppm
P04 .25-.50
Kh 7
Ph 8
Calcium 370
Nitrite 0

tank is mature 3.5 years old,reef
thanks
Hey Friend!

Here are my values:

NO3: 40ish
PO4: 0.3-0.4
ALK: 8.3
CA: 430
MAG: 1500
TEMP: 76.3-77.0
SALINITY: 1.026

My build thread link is below:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/600-gallon-grow-out.954817/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new