P4 alarm sound.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My other half texted me at work and said the Tank alarm was going off for like a minute.. ive never heard any alarm i dont think i have any alarms set.. i never set anything..... she said the light was red............ i logged in my app and have no notifications.... i have no idea what it was... my probe numbers look fine.... what the??? im worried but i wont be home till midnight....

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have her take a pic of the P4 along with the screen. Anything scrolling? Maybe the power went out briefly and the PAB cables were disconnected for a second?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it not going off right now? Look at the charts for your probes and see if any of them have small red alarm on them.

KaryTse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, the rollers may worn out or have some dirt on them.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worn out in 2 months running 4 times a day. Jeez.

I'm gonna test it by taking the rollers and the cover off pump 4 and putting it on pump 3. If that doesn't solve it. I guess it's the actual pump itself

Last edited:

KaryTse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rollers may just need some cleaning. Try clean them and see if there are any cracks on them. If no, you can keep using them. This is what I did last time when the waste pump got stuck.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with @KaryTse post maybe just needs a a quick cleaning take off the cover and clean the rollers.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I removed the rollers and cover. Put the pump 4 parts in and it's working again.
The cover has rub marks on it and rollers are dirty.

I also noticed my test water pump #1. Squeeks like heck. When it's turning. But I either gotta clean this set of rollers and and cover or replace and put on pump 4. But pump 1 sounds like it's on its way to lock up. It's squeeking loud

IMG_20200522_002257.jpg IMG_20200522_002250.jpg

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I clean pump #1 & 3 monthly to keep that crud from accumulating. It only happens on the heads running at max speed. After about 9 months my sample head (#1) had enough this week and I had to replace the rollers and cap. The tubing looks kind of toast as well.

Does your cap have a tiny plastic bubble in the bottom corner at all? There was a revision done to the plastic sometime to help with longevity I believe, it's noted by a small bump in the plastic on the face of the cover.

@Vinny@GHLUSA Any other tips to deal with the 2.1 heads running on max that show this "wear" / buildup?

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I clean pump #1 & 3 monthly to keep that crud from accumulating. It only happens on the heads running at max speed. After about 9 months my sample head (#1) had enough this week and I had to replace the rollers and cap. The tubing looks kind of toast as well.

Does your cap have a tiny plastic bubble in the bottom corner at all? There was a revision done to the plastic sometime to help with longevity I believe, it's noted by a small bump in the plastic on the face of the cover.

@Vinny@GHLUSA Any other tips to deal with the 2.1 heads running on max that show this "wear" / buildup?
My kh director is only. Couple.months old. It should be all newer design. A bump. U mean this little thing

15901764271437792752182257756681.jpg 15901764549176972092112995752477.jpg

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heard back from ghl. Doser 2.1 cap and rollers wear out depending on use. The ticket response was that they sell these parts to be replaced. Since the doser is maybe 3 months old. I better buy a pallet since it seems normal to wear out so fast.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA Short of replacing these "early", is there anything that should be done for the high speed use heads that can prolong their duty cycle?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA Short of replacing these "early", is there anything that should be done for the high speed use heads that can prolong their duty cycle?
Yes, clean them regularly and don't let them get too dirty. That's how you will get a much longer life span from each pack. If too much dirt or dust builds up, it will put more wear on those parts which means more frequent replacing.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back