P4 Questions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

EdsReefOdyssey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about buying a P4 Ultimate Set for a future reef tank and I have a few questions. The DT will be on the main floor. The P4, sump, refuge and frag tank will be in the basement. Will probably have 2 power bars one for the DT and one for the sump area.

1) If I want to put a Touch by the DT can I plug it into the power bar or will I need an Expansion Box?

2) Leak Sensor, same question will I need an Expansion Box by the DT?

3) Is there any way to control my Kessil lights with the P4 other than turning them on and off?

4) Do you have any pictures of the bottom of the Mitras Lightbar 2? Would like to see how the LEDs are laid out.

Thanks

wiszmaster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Ed,

All doable - let me answer point by point.

1. The Touch interface is PAB connected. As long as you have an open PAB port, you can plug in/chain.
Answer: Yes, plug I to PAB port on Power Bar

2. Leak interface is unfortunately not PAB; you would either need an extension cable from P4 to the interface, or an expansion box.

3. Depending on which Kessel light, as long as your light is 0-10v controllable, as the A360 for instance is, then you can control that way.

4. Have a look at the product page for the LB2 - I’ll try to find some cluster pics, but don’t have any handy right this second.
Link: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/products/ghl-illumination/mitras-lightbar-2/

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See Ditto advice in post 4.

Further: No temp or level ports either. Only the computer itself and the expansion box has 0-10 V ports. PAB cables is normal CAT5 or CAT 6 RJ45 cables and the extension for level indicators (you use that interface for leakage detection) is standard extension cable for PS-2 devices like older PC mouse and keyboards I think

The L-ports (0-10 V devices) use 6 parts phone cable with RJ12 contacts - The neptune contact is RJ45 I think. You need probably to do a DIY for the Kessel armatures

You can use 0-10 V and 1-10 V - (and also 0-5 V) you make the decision in the software GCC

Correct me if I´m wrong

Cincerely Lasse

Last edited:

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many PAB and 0-10v ports are on the power bar?

Would this Apex cable work?
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/kessil-a360-control-cable-type-1-neptune-apex.html

GHL needs to put better pictures of their products on their website.

I used this cable and modified it to work with the p4. It's been working great for over a month. I cut off the rj45 and replaced with rj12. You need to put the wires in the correct pin placements however.

If you decide to try and mofify the cable without using the LBF-AP I could possibly help if you have any questions.

Edit- I also purchased a really long 3.5mm extension cable as my display is upstairs with the kessils, basement sump. Just make sure the cable is decent quality.

Last edited:

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my kessil schedules on the Profilux...
Screenshot_20180107-110600.png Screenshot_20180107-110608.png

OP
OP
E

EdsReefOdyssey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WWIII is there a reason why you didn't use the Kessil controller? Not sure which way I want to go yet.

Why 66% on one and 88% on the other?

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WWIII is there a reason why you didn't use the Kessil controller? Not sure which way I want to go yet.

Why 66% on one and 88% on the other?

I never purchased the spectral controller. I just wanted to be able to adjust everything through one platform. The 60% is the color channel. The 88% is intensity as I'm ramping up to see how high I want to go.

With the kessils on the p4 I can turn them on or off and adjust them from anywhere in my house or in the world. While most of the time we leave them be, it's nice to have that option!

OP
OP
E

EdsReefOdyssey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you control the Kessils with the Touch?

I like your fish room!! Any new pictures of the DT?

OP
OP
E

EdsReefOdyssey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I can control my Kessils with the Touch don't really need a Kessil controller do I??

@WWIII Tank looks good, you should update your build thread. :)

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I can control my Kessils with the Touch don't really need a Kessil controller do I??

@WWIII Tank looks good, you should update your build thread. :)

No you won't need a kessil controller if you're using the p4. You can change them with the touch, computer, tablet, or phone. The new Connect app is really handy, you can adjust the lights from your phone with that really quickly. That's where I took the screenshots from of my lighting schedule. The app on my phone.

Thanks! Yes I really do need to put some time in on my build thread. I will get to it soon. I'm actually thinking about a new bigger sump. Also waiting on the kh director! So there will be some updates to come. I really need to fill in from day 1 though on this build!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back