P4 time setting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does any one else have issues with the clock on the p4 drifting? I will set it and then after a couple weeks its 10 minutes faster than actual time and it will stay at 10 minutes faster. I go in every few months and hit the local time button and it goes right back to the actual time but ends up drifting again

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had that issue a couple of times. I basically just reset it and then it goes back. Curious if this happens to a lot of people.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't say I've ever seen this on our P4 units in the office or office tank. As long as the clock settings are set correctly, there should be no drifting.
1605723076151.png

OP
OP
ajhudson15

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't say I've ever seen this on our P4 units in the office or office tank. As long as the clock settings are set correctly, there should be no drifting.
1605723076151.png
even if they were set for wrong time zones it wouldn't be minutes right it would be hours and I wouldn't think that would be over time. looks like a couple people have replied in the thread with the same issue.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started having a different issue that I think I traced down to the NTP setting.

I have a daily email/text notification set to send out at a certain time each day. I started to get that notification at various times through out the day. When I turned off the NTP setting that issue stopped. This was a couple of months ago and I haven't turned NTP back on see if the issue is still there. I will do that and report back.

When I did have NTP on, the P4 did keep the correct time and did not drift fast that I remember.

There is something not right with whatever the P4 uses to keep internal time, as multiple people are reporting that it's fast. I noticed it sometime back and it's what led me turn on the NTP setting.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't use the NTP feature, and I have the P4 set up to send me text every 2 hours. It's spot on. My phone dings and I don't even have to look and I know what time it is. I would tend to believe it's the servers at GHL that polls the P4 and send them out, not the P4. But I could be wrong. It's been known to happen.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The NTP option tells the ProfiLux to use a webserver for automatic time synchronization. This option can be used anywhere.

The DCF option is for German users and is meant to be used alongside a DCF extension card which synchronizes the ProfiLux's internal clock via radio signal.

For anyone outside of Germany, your options would be None or NTP.

Firmware 7.25 will be released soon which will resolve the "drifting" issue which a select few have experienced.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started having a different issue that I think I traced down to the NTP setting.

I have a daily email/text notification set to send out at a certain time each day. I started to get that notification at various times through out the day. When I turned off the NTP setting that issue stopped. This was a couple of months ago and I haven't turned NTP back on see if the issue is still there. I will do that and report back.

When I did have NTP on, the P4 did keep the correct time and did not drift fast that I remember.

There is something not right with whatever the P4 uses to keep internal time, as multiple people are reporting that it's fast. I noticed it sometime back and it's what led me turn on the NTP setting.
I've had the NTP setting back on for two days now. When I first enabled it I got my daily notification four times in the first hour. Since then it has been working almost as normal. Yesterday my daily notification came in two times in a row, something that was happening with NTP off, today it came in once as it should.

Epic_Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The NTP option tells the ProfiLux to use a webserver for automatic time synchronization. This option can be used anywhere.

The DCF option is for German users and is meant to be used alongside a DCF extension card which synchronizes the ProfiLux's internal clock via radio signal.

For anyone outside of Germany, your options would be None or NTP.

Firmware 7.25 will be released soon which will resolve the "drifting" issue which a select few have experienced.
Is there an update or location for this?
Just found this thread and know I have this same issue while rocking the 7.24 FW
Thanks

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 67 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back