PAB assignment order

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do your devices need to be run in a certain order or have the PAB cables in specific ports? I set up my P4 and powerbar. (PAB from P4 to powerbar). I previously had a stand alone doser and KH Director set up and have a PAB cable from the top port of the KH Director to the top port of the stand alone doser. To add it to the P4 can I just run a PAB cable from the powerbar to the bottom port of the KH Director? Then go assign the KH Director in the P4? When I look at assign in the KH Director the P4 and the powerbar show up there unchecked ??? Just curious if I need to clean it all up and in order. Thanks.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You assign devices in the P4. Check off the ones you want to add, then assign them.
It doesn't matter the order, as long as there aren't any loops and the last PAB Device has an open port.
One thing, if you were using the KHD with a stand alone doser, you will need to set the doser to slave.

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
better to connect to khd first then to powerbar if only for firmware update reasons. Doing specific firmware updates you unplug PAB from everything but device being updated and the KHD/Doser are more likely for updates than a powerbar. But as said it doesn’t matter the order specifically. And as stated above if adding a SA doser to Profilux system it must be put into slave mode separately before connecting to Profilux.

OP
OP
Cali9dub

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So basically go P4–>KHD->SA doser (set as slave)-> Powerbar
I assume it doesn’t matter what port the cable goes in? Say in top port, out bottom ?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basically go P4–>KHD->SA doser (set as slave)-> Powerbar
I assume it doesn’t matter what port the cable goes in? Say in top port, out bottom ?
It does not matter, top or bottom. The choice is yours.

OP
OP
Cali9dub

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I had them all assigned. Tried calibrating my dosing pumps for use with KHD through the app. Nothing took, couldn’t set reagent levels, etc. then a pabcom warning came up. Checked all the PAB cables to make sure they were ok. Tried to assign again and the doser doesn’t show up anymore. So far I gave up and unplugged the KHD and doser and just assigned the powerbar. Wasted a ton of time calibrating the doser for zero results saved. Opened the doser up in GCC and no calibration results were saved there. I tried just entering the results and in GCC it still doesn’t let me set the liquid levels for the reagent, etc. So it looks like I have to attempt to calibrate everything again then try and assign them. Should all this happen through the P4 ? or each individual device ? as they all show up in the P4. That part is what hogged me up I think.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I had them all assigned. Tried calibrating my dosing pumps for use with KHD through the app. Nothing took, couldn’t set reagent levels, etc. then a pabcom warning came up. Checked all the PAB cables to make sure they were ok. Tried to assign again and the doser doesn’t show up anymore. So far I gave up and unplugged the KHD and doser and just assigned the powerbar. Wasted a ton of time calibrating the doser for zero results saved. Opened the doser up in GCC and no calibration results were saved there. I tried just entering the results and in GCC it still doesn’t let me set the liquid levels for the reagent, etc. So it looks like I have to attempt to calibrate everything again then try and assign them. Should all this happen through the P4 ? or each individual device ? as they all show up in the P4. That part is what hogged me up I think.
Just throwing this out there. since you were using the doser as a stand alone, you did set it up as a slave correct? Also is the firmware up to date? The P4 should be ver. 7.24 and the doser as a slave is ver. 1.36

OP
OP
Cali9dub

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Should I set up the KHD and doser first as stand alone? Calibrate it and have it testing then assign it to the P4 and make the doser a slave. Or make it a slave then assign it and then do all the calibration through the P4 ??

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I set up the KHD and doser first as stand alone? Calibrate it and have it testing then assign it to the P4 and make the doser a slave. Or make it a slave then assign it and then do all the calibration through the P4 ??
Set as slave, then attach, then calibrate. That's how I did mine.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more question. Where you assign the other products it shows some statistics. My KHD shows firmware 0. Is this correct? I don’t see any firmware files for KHD anywhere.
If this is still an issue, please open a support ticket so we can provide direct assistance.

Firmware (0) only shows if a PAB-device update was performed incorrectly; more than one PAB-device connected during the update.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back