Painting AI Hydra 52

  • Thread starter Thread starter Seadoc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Seadoc

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2019
Messages
258
Reaction score
227
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I recently got 3 AI Hydras 52 (non-HD) for a really good price. I am thinking about taking them apart to be able to refresh the plastic casing with white heat resistant spray paint. I will leave the aluminum pieces intact.
Maybe this is a long shot but has anyone attempted something similar? If so, what was the outcome? I am concerned that the paint may peel with the heat of the lights and drop residue into the water.
Any thoughts/advice?
Thanks!
 
they make a special paint for plastic. sand it to roughen up the texture, prime and paint. I'm sure you'll be fine.
duplicator makes a plastic paint, and I believe an adhesion promoter also.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new