paired beyond hope!!

Eleni18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I feel so happy now and this reefing hobby can be so rewarding if you are patient enough, I just wanted to share this with you! A few weeks ago I ordered a paired yellow prawn goby/ tiger pistol shrimp, along with some corals. They were delivered alright, but the goby was just a normal prawn goby, not yellow and the shrimp was so tiny, not more than 1 cm. They both disappeared and I saw neither of them for more than a week. Although the tank is quite big, 150 gallons and all the inhabitants are very peaceful, I have two black and white damsels which are real bullies to newcomers and have killed fish in the past. So although I hoped the shrimp had found somewhere to hide, I was very aprehensive about the goby a week later. Anyway, as I ordered some more corals, and decided to order a yellow prawn goby as well. Later that day, I saw the normal goby again for the first time. It had found a cave and this was probably his first time coming out of it. No sign of the shrimp. Anyway, next day the yellow goby arrived but was sooo tiny, no more than 1,5 cm and the bullies made his life true hell. They harassed him non stop for 24 hours, I tried making a hiding spot for him with two long heaters in a corner of the tank and hoped for the best. I didn't see him for two days and was sure the damsels had harassed him and stressed him to death. So....a little while ago I had a shower and came down to have a look at the tank and....WOW!!!! Under a rock, I see sand being shovelled out and something looking like a tiny feeler....looking closely, I see that it is the tiny shrimp making a cave for itself and the yellow goby which was hovering by its side!!! Soo......what a very happy ending so far! This is a fabulous group by the way and I am so glad to be part of it! Everything I have learnt about reefing so far is through here! Thanks!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back