Paired Maroons

  • Thread starter Thread starter nosonda
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nosonda

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2017
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally successfully introduced a maroon clown fish to an already established maroon's tank! They're looking good together!
9412f444bfe5de915e64fa5a49ae9847.jpg
 
Congrats, not always the easiest introduction. Maroons sure a beautiful too bad they are so mean.
 
How did you do it?
It took about two weeks in total. I bought a clear breeder box from Petco and put the new, smaller (also a different shade of maroon) clown in it. I put the box in my tank and left it there for 4-5 days. I was thinking that it had been enough time so I decided to let the new maroon out of the breeder box and let him swim around the tank. I released him and that's when my established maroon started bullying him. After about a day I was able to get the small maroon back in the breeder box. I left him in there for the next week to week and a half. I fed the smaller one slightly more than my established one and made sure that they were both getting exposure to each other by pushing the box into different areas of my tank. After all that time I figured I'd try again so I released the small maroon, left for the weekend and when I got back everyone was happy and still alive. Best of luck to you! They're definitely difficult!
Thank you! I had to be patient for sure
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new