Pajama cardinal?

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 32.5 gallon with a clown, fire shrimp, yellow watchman goby and another ywg I haven’t seen for a while and a zoa frag, 3 maravarita snails, 2 trochus snails, 2 nassarius snails and a fighting conch. Would I have room to get maybe 2 pajama cardinals and do they eat pellets?

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 32.5 gallon with a clown, fire shrimp, yellow watchman goby and another ywg I haven’t seen for a while and a zoa frag, 3 maravarita snails, 2 trochus snails, 2 nassarius snails and a fighting conch. Would I have room to get maybe 2 pajama cardinals and do they eat pellets?
Yes! Pajama cardinals are best kept in even numbers, contrary to the normal odd numbers many other schooling fish want. I did quite or bit of research when I got mine. Your tank is plenty big for 2 pajamas. I have 4, and they're all eating pellets and frozen foods.

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! Pajama cardinals are best kept in even numbers, contrary to the normal odd numbers many other schooling fish want. I did quite or bit of research when I got mine. Your tank is plenty big for 2 pajamas. I have 4, and they're all eating pellets and frozen foods.
Sick, thanks

lafarrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! Pajama cardinals are best kept in even numbers, contrary to the normal odd numbers many other schooling fish want. I did quite or bit of research when I got mine.
Can you share your experience with even numbers or where you found the even number info. I believe that to be true but was wondering if you can share that gave you some confidence.

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've looked around a bit just now, but didn't find any articles that I'd read. From I've read just now (anecdotal),whenever there's an odd one out a pair develops and the third is killed. I've had 4 in the same tank since Sept. 2020 and there hasn't been any aggression. Granted, I purchased them from ORA, so they're captive bred.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've looked around a bit just now, but didn't find any articles that I'd read. From I've read just now (anecdotal),whenever there's an odd one out a pair develops and the third is killed. I've had 4 in the same tank since Sept. 2020 and there hasn't been any aggression. Granted, I purchased them from ORA, so they're captive bred.
I actually just bought three because the person at my lfs said that I should get three and I’ve noticed some agression should I get one more? Please help

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually just bought three because the person at my lfs said that I should get three and I’ve noticed some agression should I get one more? Please help
I have 4 in a 90 gallon. I don't think I'd even add more. A 32 gallon is the perfect size for a pair. Maybe you can take the odd one out and return it?

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually just bought three because the person at my lfs said that I should get three and I’ve noticed some agression should I get one more? Please he
I have 4 in a 90 gallon. I don't think I'd even add more. A 32 gallon is the perfect size for a pair. Maybe you can take the odd one out and return it?
Ok but do you think getting another one would have the same affect as returning one?

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to say since it's a smaller tank. The larger the tank, the less aggression. Where 4 do fine in my tank, it's hard to say if 4 or 5 or any number more than 2 would do better in yours.

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to say since it's a smaller tank. The larger the tank, the less aggression. Where 4 do fine in my tank, it's hard to say if 4 or 5 or any number more than 2 would do better in yours.
Ok thanks and I have heard multiple things regarding odd number of PC’s and I hope there not used to each other yet.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome but won’t sometimes they hurt each other?
Seriously.... no. I have had a pair since day 1. They are honestly the most chill (ahemm... boring) fish in my whole tank. They sort of float like little japanese lanterns. They don't really do much. No aggression. They just float and eat what drifts by them.

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously.... no. I have had a pair since day 1. They are honestly the most chill (ahemm... boring) fish in my whole tank. They sort of float like little japanese lanterns. They don't really do much. No aggression. They just float and eat what drifts by them.
Cool sounds good

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 9.7%
Back