Pajama cardinal

JohnA26

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a nano tank. I have 1 pajama cardinal, (for a few reasons including I was in my local fish store and they had this single little fish in a huge tank by itself because the day before someone bought it’s buddies and they had no idea if or when the would get more) it is the smallest in my tank. I know they are best in pairs or more. Some question:

1 if I can find another small one, should I add it or will it not be happy with the new one?

2 if not, will my present pj cardinal like and hang out with a firefish? (Or do they just like to hang with their own)

3 does the sex matter (if I find another small one) and if so how do I tell what I have?

4 if I added a bangai cardinal, with it and my pj hang together like 2 pjs might?

Thank you

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your tank? Banggai fish should be at least in a 30 gallon. Cannot ever say if fish will hang out or not, it’s really hit or miss. Cardinalfish are a bit moody I find. General rule is that fish are best in singles, unless it is male/female pair.

pbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a single and just posted mine has become a bully. He bruised my fire fish two weeks back. My recent post is about relocating him temporarily....try to reset the pecking order. I think it all depends on the individual fish. I have had my PJ Cardinal for over a year and he hasn't been a bully. This behavior started when my midas blenny passed. The pecking order in the tank was reset and he is now acting out.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back