Pale? Grey? Tan? Or okay?

The fact that this coral became paler/faded as well even though it shows good growth indicates to me that iron is a likely candidate. I saw the same when I stopped using GFO because my PO4 would got to 0 and stay stable without it, I saw my toxic green Acropora humilis get paler as well. This quickly reversed once I started dosing iron.
That’s interesting. I’ll have to do some research on iron and means of reliably testing for it. @Randy Holmes-Farley if you have any helpful info on this I’d love to hear your thoughts!
 
I am just curious how iron affects the green coloration of acropora. I have seen a few references to using it before.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new