Pale skirts, all of a sudden…

lakeviewink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed this morning many, not all,of my z's and p's suddenly have very pale coloration. It is mostly on the skirts. They have a translucent quality to them. I haven't changed much of anything lately, other than my system has been fishless(fallow) for almost two months. I have been feeding the tank 2-3 times a week oyster feast and aquavitro fuel once every 10 days or so to keep everything happy.

I recently found that I had a pinched wire in my leds that was causing the blues to not ramp up n down properly so I have been keeping them dimmer than usual to acclimate the corals to the blues properly.

My Hawaiian PEs have slowly been losing color as well. Am I starving them of light? My SPS seem to be happy so it's hard to say. I don't have a par meter.

Params-
8.4-8.6 dKh
440-460 Ca
1450 Mg
.07-.04 po4 (over the past month)
Nitrate <.25 ppm

Last edited:

oceangirl2009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures would definitely help. As for Hawaiian PEs, I've heard they just don't do well in some systems for apparently no reason.

OP
OP
lakeviewink

lakeviewink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370465637.423673.jpg

Sunny d's

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370465674.075522.jpg

RDPE and happy PE

Sorry so blue. I don't have a camera just an iPhone

Last edited:

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back