Pale Clownfish?

clownfishmama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't let the lights stay on in my room at night because it's difficult for me to sleep with them on. Similarly, I don't want to disturb my fish's sleep cycle since they're in the same room. I believe keeping the lights on is equivalent to daytime, and since the sun isn't out all day, I prefer to turn them off. Sometimes I turn on the light randomly when I'm up early, but my fish are still asleep. When I do this, the female clownfish appears pale, which I believe is due to her colors adjusting to the light. However, once she is fully awake, her colors return to normal. The male clownfish doesn't seem to have this issue.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't let the lights stay on in my room at night because it's difficult for me to sleep with them on. Similarly, I don't want to disturb my fish's sleep cycle since they're in the same room. I believe keeping the lights on is equivalent to daytime, and since the sun isn't out all day, I prefer to turn them off. Sometimes I turn on the light randomly when I'm up early, but my fish are still asleep. When I do this, the female clownfish appears pale, which I believe is due to her colors adjusting to the light. However, once she is fully awake, her colors return to normal. The male clownfish doesn't seem to have this issue.
She gets to sleep but he’s supposed to keep vigilant while she is taking her beauty rest. If she wakes up and finds him pale and sleeping she will clip his fins and kick him out of her life forever.

It’s part of the circus of life

OP
OP
clownfishmama

clownfishmama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She gets to sleep but he’s supposed to keep vigilant while she is taking her beauty rest. If she wakes up and finds him pale and sleeping she will clip his fins and kick him out of her life forever.

It’s part of the circus of life
Yeah, the male is never pale. But why would she kick him out of her life?

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can put a dark bed sheet or other on the front of the tank so they don’t see the light. Make sure there is room for air to go through.

It can’t be good for their stress levels to be disturbed at night.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back