Paly or Zoa? Help with ID

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

SaltyGirlMom

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 20, 2025
Messages
112
Reaction score
147
Location
TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for help IDing this coral that’s in my tank that isn’t recognizable from any zoa that I’ve previously purchased. I started my tank within the past six months with all previously owned live rock from the LFS. I have placed several zoa frags since, but my urchin decided to redecorate at some point and my snails followed suit, so I’ve had 1 or 2 split and random bits were found around the tank. I’m wondering if this could be that or something that started growing from the live rock, altho I don’t know why it would have just popped up since I’ve had the rock for several months before I saw it there (and I didn’t see it on the rock while in the LFS tank). A known purchased zoa frag is on the right. Trying to ID whatever it is on the LEFT. Thanks!

IMG_2958.jpeg IMG_2956.jpeg
 
Adding one more image of a frag which came in with a friend (circled) with a needed ID (zoa or paly)? Should I remove this due to close proximity to the frag?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2877.jpeg
    IMG_2877.jpeg
    207.9 KB · Views: 69
Yes those are pally's, they also look like the ugly ones that multiply quickly. Personally I would remove those, but some people like them.
 
Thank you!
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new