• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Palythoa grandis

flricordia

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2008
Messages
893
Reaction score
3
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Monster grandis. 6 large polyps (plus little hitchhiker polyp). $150 plus shipping or trade for high end zoa/palys.

8473IMG_2361-med.JPG
 
Last edited:
Where do you keep yours to color up like that?? Mine use to be baby blue but now they are just brown.
I keep them under MH but they had to be acclimated over time. Feeding them high quality foods also makes a difference.
 
Hi Mike!

How long did it take you to be able to keep them under MH's? I've tried in the past but they would always get washed out and unhappy.
 
Hi Mike!

How long did it take you to be able to keep them under MH's? I've tried in the past but they would always get washed out and unhappy.
It was something like 3 weeks time. I think the iodine and feedings really make them happy moreso than the lighting, though it helps to keep their color. I first got hooked on them when I was given a small colony that was near death. After about a months time they opened and after about another month colored back up. Another colony I have just spit out 5 new babies. I wasn't getting much results with them until I started feeding bi-weekly. The daily iodine addition I have used since I started keeping reef tanks, always with the best of results. Rarely any losses to any type of anthozoa.
 
I have 2 small colonies under vho's look just like the pic you posted, slow grower for me. Everyone that see's them wants one.:biggrin:


stan
 
yeah, cause the pic i put up is a palythoa grandis, i think yours might be a cinnamon polyp thats morphed colors.
 
they are from 2 differnt areas, i think the palythoa is from tonga or something, and the cinnamon polyp is from flordia
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new