Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1624236573190.gif

aquakj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok. Would it be OK to just scrape it off the rocks? Would they release the toxin?
If you scrape or are kind of rough they will release it and it’s not something you’ll see just be sure to not touch your face or anything after fragging and wash whatever you used to cut them or remove…just be really careful and good luck and yea wear gloves and eye protection

OP
OP
TuxUrchin07

TuxUrchin07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you scrape or are kind of rough they will release it and it’s not something you’ll see just be sure to not touch your face or anything after fragging and wash whatever you used to cut them or remove…just be really careful and good luck and yea wear gloves and eye protection
What about in the tank? Would it cause a problem?

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about in the tank? Would it cause a problem?
I’ve always wondered about the tank…My wife is an ER doctor and has treated Palytoxin-related injuries so I have to go full hazmat suit to frag them but I’ve always done it outside the tank, then into a holding tank, then into frag rack.
I’ve never worried about the effect on the tank

OP
OP
TuxUrchin07

TuxUrchin07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always wondered about the tank…My wife is an ER doctor and has treated Palytoxin-related injuries so I have to go full hazmat suit to frag them but I’ve always done it outside the tank, then into a holding tank, then into frag rack.
I’ve never worried about the effect on the tank
Hmm ok thanks I guess I'll have to contain it by putting frag plugs next to the zoas and when they cover it I guess I'll have to cut and remove it.

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are zillions of zoa frags being sold on Ebay and swaps and captive tanks fragged daily and there's no complaints about palytoxin.

Only a few wild species have been verified by actual testing as having dangerous levels of palytoxin, and most reefers don't have them. Wear a pair of gloves and try not to eat them, ok?

As for the guy claiming his wife treated palytoxin related illnesses please prove it. My sister in law is an ER surgeon and 75% of the time they cant prove what children ingest and get poisoning and just have to guess. So, I would like to know what hospital has a palytoxin screening kit.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back