Panel removal possibility????

Galail52

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I picked up a new tank today because well, yea you all understand. It’s a larger eurobraced tank and my issue is, on the eurobracing, the previous owner looks like he siliconed some extra glass panels on top of it. Looking for any suggestions on maybe taking them off. Silicone looks like it sat for a bit before he pressed the glass panels on so it isn’t very well compressed into there and looks awful. Will post photos soon. Thanks for suggestions.

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there's a good amount of silicone and you can manage, I would suggest using a PVC cable saw to get through it. After that, a ton of fresh razor blades should do the trick.

That being said, why did he put the extra glass panels on top of it? Was the original eurobrace cracked/damaged in some way, was he doing this to hold up lights, reduce evaporation, etc.

OP
OP
Galail52

Galail52

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there's a good amount of silicone and you can manage, I would suggest using a PVC cable saw to get through it. After that, a ton of fresh razor blades should do the trick.

That being said, why did he put the extra glass panels on top of it? Was the original eurobrace cracked/damaged in some way, was he doing this to hold up lights, reduce evaporation, etc.
It looks like it was for light mounts.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a Glazier and use a knife made for this to free up glass from silicone but you can just use a narrow Putty knife if you have one. It will break apart very easily

OP
OP
Galail52

Galail52

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some photos. Going to try out the PVC wire cutter. And if that doesn’t work the putty knife. If anyone has any other ideas just let me know. Thanks all!!!

9729C528-BF4F-44B2-9EEE-C24AC4D020AB.jpeg F76F2CB4-E2E0-4313-86C3-20E5EDF33E4D.jpeg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back