Panther grouper

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers just got a panther grouper a couple days ago, just wondering what to feed him, as of right now I feed mysis, blood worms and krill, he barley eats so I’m just wondering if he’s still trying to get use to the tank

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet within a few more days of adjustment the problem will be getting him to STOP eating. Lol. Congrats... post a photo if you get a chance. Maybe check out the post about 'feeding 1 Mussel a day.' That might entice him. ;)

OP
OP
C

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet within a few more days of adjustment the problem will be getting him to STOP eating. Lol. Congrats... post a photo if you get a chance. Maybe check out the post about 'feeding 1 Mussel a day.' That might entice him. ;)
I put a clam on a half shell in today

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have one at work atm and we generally feed it recently deceased fish (due to ammonia spikes not disease) as well as frozen lance fish occasionally mysis however he doesn't seem to notice that

OP
OP
C

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have one at work atm and we generally feed it recently deceased fish (due to ammonia spikes not disease) as well as frozen lance fish occasionally mysis however he doesn't seem to notice that

5F7F84DA-8158-412B-A1A4-5262048A70D1.jpeg 28411C4C-EEE2-403D-9BDB-9BBEB3BEFD1A.jpeg 54A2CA48-8035-4C9B-B050-CE5DB8A15F74.jpeg A96BD37C-B82B-43D9-9371-E081C64F8FB5.jpeg

OP
OP
C

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s pretty small not sure he can fit a fish in his mouth

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s pretty small not sure he can fit a fish in his mouth
we fed ours a small dying koi after a crash and it couldn't swallow the koi whole so it just swam around with half of it hanging out of his mouth for a few minutes looking like it was a cigar to be honest it was pretty funny if you ignore the dying fish. Essentially they are quite good at eating things with the same diameter as their mouth but it may take them longer than smaller things.

OP
OP
C

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we fed ours a small dying koi after a crash and it couldn't swallow the koi whole so it just swam around with half of it hanging out of his mouth for a few minutes looking like it was a cigar to be honest it was pretty funny if you ignore the dying fish. Essentially they are quite good at eating things with the same diameter as their mouth but it may take them longer than smaller things.
I have a porcupine puffer, and I feed him silversides so I’m sure he will eat that

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back