PAR Chart some might find interesting

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Referenced from www. arcadia-aquatic .com/
Unfortunately this page is in 404 status as was found by another reefer from another site, take it for what it's worth.

Schermafbeelding 2019-02-10 om 20.32.41.png

Schermafbeelding 2019-02-10 om 20.32.56.png

Last edited:

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure that one might be a typo.
More than likely human error there. The rest of the list looks great for newcomers to view. Maybe sticky worth if u edit that one ;) we'll see what others say..

Trevor40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long should these corals be exposed to the PAR? 12 hours? 8 hours? Why is there no info on optimal exposure? That could make a huge difference, right?

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t know, I didn’t write it. That’s why I stated in the op it was from someone else and to take it for what it is.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t know, I didn’t write it. That’s why I stated in the op it was from someone else and to take it for what it is.
Appreciate the table and sharing it. It's a great chart. I'm on mobile, but anyone on PC could easily edit this in something as simple as MS Paint. I tried on mobile but I cant get the font small enough to edit the 900 on fungia.

Thanks again for sharing! These are the kinds of information that is essential when planning lighting, coral, placement, etc.. cant learn if we arent taught. Cheers

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the table and sharing it. It's a great chart. I'm on mobile, but anyone on PC could easily edit this in something as simple as MS Paint. I tried on mobile but I cant get the font small enough to edit the 900 on fungia.

Thanks again for sharing! These are the kinds of information that is essential when planning lighting, coral, placement, etc.. cant learn if we arent taught. Cheers

I've got Photoshop on a PC, what is the min/max recommendations for a Fungia?

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@saltyhog might have a better answer for u, but I've seen them as low as 100, and I would think anything over 500 would be detrimental..

Let's see what he says, I've only ever seen them on sand.

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A similar chart (possibly the same) was hosted on the Seneye website. I'm not sure it is any more valuable than the 250-350 PAR recommendations though. The values look to be opinion based vs science based as some of the levels dont jive with findings from people that have actually done testing (such as @Dana Riddle).

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A similar chart (possibly the same) was hosted on the Seneye website. I'm not sure it is any more valuable than the 250-350 PAR recommendations though. The values look to be opinion based vs science based as some of the levels dont jive with findings from people that have actually done testing (such as @Dana Riddle).
Some of the data in that chart was generated by me when I was in Hawaii. Much of the rest is from peer-reviewed journal papers. The 600 for Fungia is out of line, IMHO.

Back