PAR how to understand and create heatmap

  • Thread starter Thread starter new-judge
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

new-judge

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2025
Messages
17
Reaction score
11
Location
Sydney
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I’ve recently bought two Red Sea 90 lights for my tank. I have 326l aqua one tank with dimensions: 120cm (length) x 55cm (depth) x 53cm (height).
My question is how to create and understand PAR parameters. I have 45% blue and 10% settings (I believe). Lights are mounted at 21cm from the lid per book recommendation. Any tips how to master PAR measurements and if I should make any changes to my settings. At the moment I have zoanthids and anemone.
20250701_121356_704DF4EE-40E0-4AE8-B00E-A6AB324BAE7B.png
 
Hi everyone, I’ve recently bought two Red Sea 90 lights for my tank. I have 326l aqua one tank with dimensions: 120cm (length) x 55cm (depth) x 53cm (height).
My question is how to create and understand PAR parameters. I have 45% blue and 10% settings (I believe). Lights are mounted at 21cm from the lid per book recommendation. Any tips how to master PAR measurements and if I should make any changes to my settings. At the moment I have zoanthids and anemone.
20250701_121356_704DF4EE-40E0-4AE8-B00E-A6AB324BAE7B.png
You will need a par meter to measure the light intensity at different locations to create an illumination intensity “heat” map
 
Hi everyone, I’ve recently bought two Red Sea 90 lights for my tank. I have 326l aqua one tank with dimensions: 120cm (length) x 55cm (depth) x 53cm (height).
My question is how to create and understand PAR parameters. I have 45% blue and 10% settings (I believe). Lights are mounted at 21cm from the lid per book recommendation. Any tips how to master PAR measurements and if I should make any changes to my settings. At the moment I have zoanthids and anemone.
20250701_121356_704DF4EE-40E0-4AE8-B00E-A6AB324BAE7B.png
You will need a par meter to measure the light intensity at different locations to create an illumination intensity “heat” map
Could you give me some recommendations which meters are worth to buy?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new