Par levels for softies?

dirtycontour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning soft coral keepers.
Is there a general "rule" on optimum par levels for leathers and other soft coral?

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lots of information on SPS and LPS par , but very little on softies which I presume is because they can thrive in a wide range of lighting. Since most tank bottoms (where softies tend to be allocated - lps middle or sps top) are in the 50-100 par range, that is what I have always presumed, but I see them do well on what has to be 250 par, including mine which seemed to show no preference in that 50 -250 range .

Lots of leather or soft coral tanks using low end and stock lighting fixtures.

OP
OP
dirtycontour

dirtycontour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lots of information on SPS and LPS par , but very little on softies which I presume is because they can thrive in a wide range of lighting. Since most tank bottoms (where softies tend to be allocated - lps middle or sps top) are in the 50-100 par range, that is what I have always presumed, but I see them do well on what has to be 250 par, including mine which seemed to show no preference in that 50 -250 range .

Lots of leather or soft coral tanks using low end and stock lighting fixtures.
This is what I figured. I was hoping there was some sort of testing, experimenting with softies and lighting.

Thanks for the reply.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back