PAR Meter (Apogee SQ-420) Doesn't Work with Windows 11?

  • Thread starter Thread starter minorhero
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

minorhero

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 12, 2021
Messages
192
Reaction score
263
Location
Maryland
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello folks,

I have an Apogee SQ-420 (par sensor with a USB connection) and it's been working absolutely perfectly for years. The problem is there doesn't seem to be a windows 11 driver for the sensor. With Windows 10 being discontinued I no longer have any windows 10 computers I can use with my sensor. My last one (a laptop) died recently requiring an upgrade to a Chromebook. I have several other windows 11 computers but the software doesn't seem to detect the sensor when its plugged in. Has anyone found a workaround for this?

I sent Apogee an email about the issue but they didn't bother to respond. When I bought the sensor I really thought I would be in a good place forever, and its killing me that when windows updated it became useless.
 
Hello folks,

I have an Apogee SQ-420 (par sensor with a USB connection) and it's been working absolutely perfectly for years. The problem is there doesn't seem to be a windows 11 driver for the sensor. With Windows 10 being discontinued I no longer have any windows 10 computers I can use with my sensor. My last one (a laptop) died recently requiring an upgrade to a Chromebook. I have several other windows 11 computers but the software doesn't seem to detect the sensor when its plugged in. Has anyone found a workaround for this?

I sent Apogee an email about the issue but they didn't bother to respond. When I bought the sensor I really thought I would be in a good place forever, and its killing me that when windows updated it became useless.
Yea there's a 420 and 420x.
Looks like the 420's need updating..
Screenshot_20250608-193256.png


They have a form ..
https://www.apogeeinstruments.com/software-bug-report/
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 35.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new