Par Meter - Loan out...

  • Thread starter Thread starter gmastr85
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gmastr85

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2014
Messages
347
Reaction score
61
Location
PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just taking a shot in the dark here... Wondering if anyone has a par meter they would be willing to loan. I'd really like to check the par level on my tanks. And I don't want to invest a couple hundred in a piece of equipment I'll probably only use one time.

I know it is highly unlikely but I figured I'd ask if someone would be willing to loan their meter out. I'd pay for shipping both ways and even a small loaner fee. Hopefully my reputation on reef2reef would be enough to trust me.

Thank you very much!

Seth
 
I unfortunately do not but have you checked with any LFS in your area? The store by me rents them out for a couple of bucks.
 
Sometimes your local reef club has one that you can borrow if you are a Supporting member.
Sending the equipment out is just a hassle, and if I ever do that I don't need to have a loaner fee.
Just send paypall in the amount of $375 + shipping and I mail it over to you when done you just mail it back and if tester is in good condition I'll return the $375 back to your paypal account.
Btw, I play around with my PAR meter at least once a week, it will tell me if my T5 bulbs losing some intensity on PAR.
 
Sometimes your local reef club has one that you can borrow if you are a Supporting member

This is probably your best bet. See if you have a local club you can join and more often than not they will have a par meter to loan out. I have three clubs within a few hours of my area and all three have par meters, in fact I'm using one of them now.

Good luck in finding one.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the info... I know it was a long shot. I have LED's so I really only need to check them once, at least for the foreseeable future. I will look into it. Not much in the line of active clubs in my local area; but I'll ask around at the next swap.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new