Par meter

SmyrnaReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Travis and Chris have par meters with 2 already in line for Pickup at meeting so your added to list

CaliO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way I could borrow/rent the meter? It would probly have to be shipped, i'm all the way in central NY. Sorry if i'm out of line but I dont have reefer friends, and my lfs's suck..

A little backround. I'm 26yr old married man, with a awsome 6yr old daughter. Been in fresh water for a decade or more. Started saltwater a year ago. Current tanks/setups 55g mixed cichlid, 30g hex cichlid breeder, 30g tall angels and community fish, 2g neon tetras (daughters), 10g clown & carpet anemone, 10g SW QT ,54g corner bow "mixed reef"... And alot of empty tanks scattered throughtout the house (down sizing to up size)

On my DT 54g I just installed a 36 3w led kit diy from aquastyleonline.com (14-10,000k,16 royal blue, 4-6500k, 2-uv, 2-red) and picked up some frags (frog spawn,trumpet"candy cane", a couple different zoa's, 2 misc. Apacora's, a monit cap. Sorry writing from phone and no google to spell correctly....

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I want inline for par meter please. And no the par meter is for club members only and local only.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way I could borrow/rent the meter? It would probly have to be shipped, i'm all the way in central NY. Sorry if i'm out of line but I dont have reefer friends, and my lfs's suck..

A little backround. I'm 26yr old married man, with a awsome 6yr old daughter. Been in fresh water for a decade or more. Started saltwater a year ago. Current tanks/setups 55g mixed cichlid, 30g hex cichlid breeder, 30g tall angels and community fish, 2g neon tetras (daughters), 10g clown & carpet anemone, 10g SW QT ,54g corner bow "mixed reef"... And alot of empty tanks scattered throughtout the house (down sizing to up size)

On my DT 54g I just installed a 36 3w led kit diy from aquastyleonline.com (14-10,000k,16 royal blue, 4-6500k, 2-uv, 2-red) and picked up some frags (frog spawn,trumpet"candy cane", a couple different zoa's, 2 misc. Apacora's, a monit cap. Sorry writing from phone and no google to spell correctly....
Unfortunatly these are for Club use only and there would be too much Risk involved in sending it out to unknown places that it may never be returned to us from, Hope you see our point.
They are actually not all that costly to buy one yourself.
Bill

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
more info to purchase here Apogee Instruments Quantum Sensor - Measuring PPF they have a $139 version and a $350 .. speaking of i know they will do broup buys and give discounts if u purchase a bunch of these meters could probly get the cheap ones for around $100 if enough people wanted one. these things are so handy after using it i wish i had one all the time to measure how much light corals are getting and it would also help people who are having problems with a coral its another parameter to test. if your corals are gettign to much llight or not enough water can be fine and you would never know the problem unless u had other people who had same corals and could give the par numbers they run them at.

CaliO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I understand. I didnt realize they were so cheap tho. Thx for the replies

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
more info to purchase here Apogee Instruments Quantum Sensor - Measuring PPF they have a $139 version and a $350 .. speaking of i know they will do broup buys and give discounts if u purchase a bunch of these meters could probly get the cheap ones for around $100 if enough people wanted one. these things are so handy after using it i wish i had one all the time to measure how much light corals are getting and it would also help people who are having problems with a coral its another parameter to test. if your corals are gettign to much llight or not enough water can be fine and you would never know the problem unless u had other people who had same corals and could give the par numbers they run them at.
Not enough water Huh....... LOL
Bill

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 68 45.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 70 46.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.6%
Back