PAR meters

Aaronreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone.

I'm going to rent a par meter, I'm having problems with corals and think it might be down to my light being to much for them. I've got a few LPS that have detached from the skeleton and in general aren't doing well, my SPS are ok but don't seem to grow.
My parameters are stable and with an acceptable range. So I'm going to see how much energy my light is putting into the tank.

I've never used a par meter before and don't really have much knowledge so any advice on what I'm aiming to do would be great.
My understanding is, I should try and get 200-300 PAR around as much as the tank as possible?
I'm going to measure all the places and try and get an even par for as much as I possibly can.

Should I take the measurements when my lights are at the peak power and not worry about the morning ramp up and night ramp down?

Sorry if none of this makes sense if someone does understand what I'm trying to do and help would be greatly appreciated

I've attached a picture of my light schedule it's a reef breeder photon V2 ( evergrow IT 5012 )

Screenshot_20200619_205650.jpg

Anchor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over what sized tank?

Reef breeders do have hotspots.. very hot spots thru the middle of thier fixture. It seems BRS just did a light review on Reef Breeders.. You might check that out.

From memory, they mounted them like 13 inches and higher over the tank to increase the spread

OP
OP
A

Aaronreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive seen the brs video, that's kinda why I'm looking into the par of the light. I think they said 16inch was the best option. I'm using the legs and they don't Go that high.

My tank is
59"L
37"W
34"H

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 50 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 58 55.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 24.0%
  • None.

Votes: 26 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.7%

Back