PAR Monitoring

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all , I was wondering if there is any way to connect a PAR sensor to the Profilux P4 ?

OP
OP
Dumaurier7

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a sensor which connects to a PC via USB can this be used with the USB expansion card?

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a sensor which connects to a PC via USB can this be used with the USB expansion card?

Are you speaking of a PAR sensor with a USB connection like a Apogee Par sensor? ProfiLuxOS wouldn't know how to measure the PAR values from the sensor.

Now, of course, you could buy a Apogee LED full spectrum sensor and plug it into a PC or Mac, which is because there is software provided by the manufacture.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL asked if PAR monitoring in tank was a feature people wanted last year. Users didn't see the point of in tank all the time par sensor in the tank.
There really isn't a real need for a in the tank PAR sensor. A PAR sensor can have its reading change due to film on the sensor so a sensor in the tank would not give a correct reading after a short time in the tank.

OP
OP
Dumaurier7

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about this, I plan to get a meter just to set my lights up.........but if running the Mithras ( I will be running three ) is there an easy set up for corals for acclimating ,growth etc? Or do I have to manually set everything up?

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about this, I plan to get a meter just to set my lights up.........but if running the Mithras ( I will be running three ) is there an easy set up for corals for acclimating ,growth etc? Or do I have to manually set everything up?

I believe the Mitras has a Coral Acclimation function(waiting for my LX7206 to arrive.. to test it out).

Which meter are you looking to get?

I'm looking at the Apogee SQ-520 and having a Windows tablet as a monitor.

BigHildy53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the SQ-520. I use Kessil A360W LEDs. Four on a 180g DT. Sadly I haven't used it as much as I planned on. The software is a disappointment. It provides real time information only. Meaning no tank location mapping. No historical data. The session logging data must be imported into Excel for any analytics. Not saying it bad. But if you have a local club see if you can rent our borrow one.

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the SQ-520. I use Kessil A360W LEDs. Four on a 180g DT. Sadly I haven't used it as much as I planned on. The software is a disappointment. It provides real time information only. Meaning no tank location mapping. No historical data. The session logging data must be imported into Excel for any analytics. Not saying it bad. But if you have a local club see if you can rent our borrow one.

That should be enough for my needs. I'll only need the values from the sensor and i will document the data by high-res images.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back