PAR needed for Magnificas?

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anywhere in the 150-200 range should be fine. If you have a higher lit tank it may shade itself a bit towards the bottom. I've also had lower lit softie tanks where they did fine. I'd light my tank according to the corals I keep and let the nem decide how much, or little it wants.

OP
OP
haleyf1024

haleyf1024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the late reply!
Where mine is, he's getting 290-330 PAR. I know magnificas love light moreso than other nems, so I was worried that 290-330 wasn't enough. The nem was bleached when I got it, about 3-4 weeks ago, and hasn't gained any color back yet. It's still healthy otherwise, hasn't moved from the rock I placed it on and eats well. I moved one of my anemone crabs over to it, I've always thought they help nems acclimate and stay healthier (probably just my opinion.) How long does it take for them to regain their Zooxanthellae, if you happen to know?

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That amount of light is sufficient. If it is lighter in color it must like that amount of light. I've also seen them change color and never change back. Maybe it's intensity, maybe spectrum. I have one one that was bright white that settled in a place in the tank where detritus settles. It's been poop colored ever since. Lol. But at the end of the day nems do what nems want to do. You are obviously giving it enough light, so it will sort itself out as it sees fit.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 78 86.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back