PAR readings for Red Sea Max 250?

SamMule

View Badges
Reaction score
I have an original red sea max 250 with the T5 hood. Does anyone have a link to PAR output for this setup? This tank is old. Someone MUST have a par map for one somewhere, right?

tattooed reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
I have an original red sea max 250 with the T5 hood. Does anyone have a link to PAR output for this setup? This tank is old. Someone MUST have a par map for one somewhere, right?
I have a 2013 max 250 that is up and running great . Have lps,sps and some softies in the tank . I should have my Felix smart with renamed seneye reef meter next week , I'm going to do par readings and will post what they are. I love the look of t5's and don't really want to change it to led set-up . That will depend on par readings if I change or not .

OP
SamMule

SamMule

View Badges
Reaction score
Great! Looking forward to seeing some numbers.
I like my T5's also. Added a reefbrite actinic strip for the shimmer and coral pop. Really liking how it turned out!
Got a spot ready for some more SPS and hoping the PAR range will be right for it.

OP
SamMule

SamMule

View Badges
Reaction score
I just put in all ATI bulbs.
3x blue plus, 2x actinic, 1x coral plus.
I was running 2 blue plus, 2 actinic, 2 coral plus, but I like the extra coral pop I get with the 3rd BP. Its not overly Windex blue either.

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock
OP
SamMule

SamMule

View Badges
Reaction score
I have a 2013 max 250 that is up and running great . Have lps,sps and some softies in the tank . I should have my Felix smart with renamed seneye reef meter next week , I'm going to do par readings and will post what they are. I love the look of t5's and don't really want to change it to led set-up . That will depend on par readings if I change or not .
Any updates on this?

tattooed reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Sorry it doesn't tell me you posted a reply .I took my old ati bulbs out and I checked par before I did it was 350 par just below water surface and 100 par on sandbed . I had trouble getting My ati bulbs soon so I replaced them with wavepoint bulbs . Running 3 super blue bulbs , 1 coral wave , 1 reef wave total of 5 bulbs since I don't need all 6 running . 550 par just below water surface , 160 par on sandbed .

tattooed reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Middle of tank roughly 10" down I didn't measure it there , I have coral at 14" down and it was around 200 par. I'm going to add more rock scape hopefully next week and I can take some more par readings .

Do you consider the hobby of keeping saltwater reef aquarums amazing?

• YES

Votes: 40 95.2%
  • NO

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other (please explain in thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Chemi-pure.com - All-In-One Aquarium Filtration